Security Basics mailing list archives

Securing outgoing internet connections

From: als () gmail com
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 23:20:00 -0600

Hello,

Here is a basic network security question.

Usually for incoming Internet connections, it is recommended to put servers into DMZ to reduce risks for internal
networks.

What are best practices about outgoing TCP connections?
Is it normal to allow a sensitive internal application server intiating outgoing TCP connections to the Internet hosts?
What if an attacker intercepts the connection and tries to send crafted  responses to exploit and hijack the server?

Thank you

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1