Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Man in the middle: get packets that are destined for other ethernet card

From: "Saif El Sherei" <SSherei () npcegypt com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 23:36:45 +0200

I think ettercap can achieve this utilizing dns spoofing it can apply certain filters to change certain data strings
into another.

For example u can dns spoof google.com from victim to gateway to your attacking web server which contain "hello world"
string. And apply filters to change "hello" to "bye" so when the victim request google.com he will be redirected to
your page and any data containing string "hello" would be displayed to victim as "bye"

Hope this helped.

Regards,

Saif
OSCP