Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Strange WLAN behavior

From: Jarrod Frates <jfrates.ml () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:54:22 -0700

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 11:58 AM, Jon Janego <jonjanego () gmail com> wrote:
By default, Windows XP will probe for all the access points you've set
up and you want to remove any reference to the "hijacked" AP.

I believe that there was a patch that was integrated into SP3 that
addressed this behavior, stopping it by default.  But clearing out the
wireless configuration is probably still a good idea.