Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Socks Tunnel over SSH

From: "David Gillett" <gillettdavid () fhda edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 11:58:06 -0700

What you want is called a VPN.  Note that some ISPs consider VPN use to be
"business class" and so may not permit it at all of their service levels.

If your needs routinely violate the service policies of your ISP, they would
appear to be a poor fit and you should probably be looking for one that
better meets your needs.  Simply attempting to evade their existing policy
enforcement mechanisms just helps build their case for adopting stricter
measures.

David Gillett, CISSP