Security Basics mailing list archives

raw2vmdk - Mount raw images as VMware virtual disks

From: Tasos Laskos <tasos.laskos () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 05:57:34 +0300

Hello to the list,

I recently wrote a little tool, raw2vmdk, that I'd like to share with you and get some feedback.

raw2vmdk is a utility that enables users to mount raw hard drive images, like images created with dd, to a VMware virtual machine without the need to convert the entire image to a VMware virtual disk.

raw2vmdk is written in Java and is designed to be OS independent, simple and flexible.

It creates an appropriately structured VMDK file that refers to the raw image, which can then be mounted by VMware --or VirtualBox or any application that supports VMDK-- as if it were an actual virtual drive.

It's like a light OS independent version of LiveView.

Home page: http://raw2vmdk.segfault.gr/
Sourceforge project: http://sourceforge.net/projects/raw2vmdk
SVN repo: https://raw2vmdk.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/raw2vmdk

Releases can be currently downloaded from: https://sourceforge.net/projects/raw2vmdk/files/

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1