Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: CEH Notes, Study Materials or General Tips

From: "Carlos A. Lozano" <vendetta () bugcon org>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 12:56:55 -0500

In my experience the best wat to study for CEH is reading only the oficial materials.

CEH not covert advance pentest topics.

class Augusto(body):
    def __init__(self, personality):
        self.personality='fool'
    def eat(tacos):
        human.eat(tacos);
    def sex(big_boobs_girl):
        human.reproduction(big_boobs_girl);
    def hobby(vuln-dev):
        human.sports(vuln-dev);
    def sleep(myvar='-_-zZ...'):
        human.sleep(myvar);

El 16/07/2010, a las 12:34, "Osterwald, P. (Paul)" <paul.osterwald () cetera com> escribió:

Daniel,

The path to success here is found not by getting practice questions or real test questions, that is an ethics
violation, but rather through setting up a small lab and performing some real world testing.  A few systems and an
older PIX firewall, or open source firewall software an attack and target system should be enough for most testing.

There are a few good books out there on penetration testing, such as Professional Penetration Testing: Creating and
Operating a Formal Hacking Lab, and Penetration Tester's Open Source Toolkit, Vol. 1 & 2 to name a few.  [I have
these and as a former pen tester still find them useful.]  You can also try an Amazon or a Google search for more
reading material.  I'd focus on book which also have real exploit code and explain how it works.

Good luck.

Paul Osterwald
Information Security Officer - CISA, CCIE Routing & Switching, CCIE Security
Cetera Financial Group
200 N. Sepulveda Blvd
El Segundo, CA 90245
310-257-7493 (Work)
714-225-3426 (Cell)
mailto:Paul.Osterwald () cetera com
http://www.cetera.com
Confidential: This email and any files transmitted with it are the property of Cetera Financial Group and/or its
affiliates, are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which this email is
addressed. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately from your computer. Any other
use, retention, dissemination, forward, printing, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.