Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: risk attaching dsl modems to office network?

From: Andy Colson <andy () squeakycode net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 12:08:05 -0500

On 7/15/2010 11:51 AM, Eric M. wrote:
The response from Ansgar is correct.  I would also like to point out
that simply plugging three DSL routers into a network probably won't
do much other than create DHCP conflicts.  Networking doesn't
automatically bond three connections to get three times the speed.

Yes, I'm aware. I actually have many different domain's, and have them split across the three IP's. So, 5 domains per DSL line. I dont have 1 site with lots of traffic, I have 15'ish sites with a little traffic.

> The response from Ansgar is correct.

Yeah, several others have said the same thing. I'm glad I asked about this before I just jumped in and did it wrong.

Thanks to all who offered advice, both on and off list.

-Andy

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1