Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: [Web Security] File Upload Virus Scanning

From: "TAS" <p0wnsauc3 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 19:08:01 +0000

Hi,

To start with utmost basic practice, the folder in which these files are place should have minimum possible privileges.
You could also look at removing the excute permissions completely.

An local antivirus action should be set to delete as soon as it detects something suspicious.

The files could be moved for screening to a sandbox like enviorment.

Hope it helps.

TAS
Sent from BlackBerry® - Vodafone