Security Basics mailing list archives

Nortel contivity 1750 - problem with routing/nating

From: Chris Linux User <chris.linux.user () googlemail com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 15:48:43 +0000

Hi Everyone,

I hope I'm posting my question to the right list.

So here is the problem:

I have come across the problem where traffic sometimes is routed and
sometimes is NAT'ed on Nortel DMZ to LAN. Have you ever seen something
like that?
What could be wrong? To me it looks like one of the buffers is
overfilling but that's a very long shot! Nortel wasn't too helpful
(not surprised here)...

Here is scenario:

HOST_A ------- NORTEL FW ------- HOST_B
            DMZ                      LAN

On HOST_B I can see sometimes traffic which is routed (NOT RIGHT!) and
sometimes when it is NATed (which is good and how it should be!)

(Actually, I have Cisco between NORTEL FW and HOST_B and thanks to
ACLs I could see traffic routed, with DZM addresses)

It affects all types of traffic (SSH, FTP, etc...)

How do I know there is a problem? Basically sometimes I can't connect
and that's because there is no routing for DMZ network!

Any questions please do let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Chris
MCSE:S+M

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1