Security Basics mailing list archives

FW: Firewalking & Netcat & Statistics

From: Ross Bielski <rossbielski () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 16:02:12 -0500

I am currently searching for a tool to test firewall port rules, and measure possible throughput on any given port
using any given protocol.
What I have been trying to do on my own is script netcat to connect to another instance of netcat on another networked
computer and scan through all ports both ways instantly and tell me which ports are able to have two way
communications. Further I am trying to figure out a way to funnel as much raw random binary information over the
bidirectional net links as possible, returning an output of how much was possible and in which directions. Even further
I want to pass every type of higher level protocols such as VOIP, RTP, FTP, SSH, through every possible port and test
bandwidth this way also over every possible port. I have not been able to teach myself how this is possible without
writing an intense program I don't have the experience for. Does anyone have information of a toolset that has this
sort of capability, or maybe a project that is developing something like this?
Any help or direction greatly appreciated.
Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1