Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Home wireless free hotspot

From: Reginald Wheeler <wheeler90 () comcast net>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 12:11:47 -0400

Lol... and SMH... It would turn out the same way it would if your were
in a Barnes and Noble in GA and did the same damn thing.  I wouldn't be
held responsible.  How do you think your phone service provider avoids
prosecution when some one gets caught doing something stupid while using
the service.  Terms of Use agreements save a lot of service providers
from very painful and expensive legal  and/or civil actions against
them.  This is per my lawyer.  As told to me it's kinda like the gun
industry.  The manufacture makes the guns and they are bought by
dealers.  The dealers then sell them to the end user.  None of them are
responsible for what is done with the gun once the end user agrees that
he will follow the letter of the law concerning the weapon that he/she
just purchased.  So if that end user shots someone the Dealer nor the
manufacture are responsible.  This same principle holds for service
providers that provide a service.  We are not responsible for the
illegal actions of a third party.    Hope this helps you to better
understand why I advised in the direction that I did.

Thank You,
Reginald Wheeler, Owner
A+, Networking+, MCSE 2003
1907 Hampton Dr.