Security Basics mailing list archives

[Suspected Spam]Re: script credentials

From: "NM Support [NetMonastery]" <nmsupport () net-mon net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 22:51:19 +0530

Bryce,

Frankly, your options are extremely limited, so here goes. Embed the password in the perl file, harden the directory around it. Execute the script from crontab using root privileges. However, this is a serious challenge, for cron to execute.

Shomiron

NM Support [NetMonastery]
nmsupport () net-mon net