Security Basics mailing list archives

Problems with web site

From: Umesh Bodalina <u.bodalina () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 08:46:43 +0200

Hi All
I'm not sure if this is the right group to post this message.
Does anyone know if this is a scam web site:
http://www.bitlifesciences.com/wcvi2010
Our linux servers are experiencing very slow speeds when trying to
access the web site.
My attempt to contact the people on the web site wasn't successful
with the following automated email:
"Dear Dr. Hefferon,
Thank you for your interest in our congress. Enclosed please find the
full program of WCVI-2010, You can make a session choice first
accordingly.
I think you may try again, if you still can’t get accessed, please do
not hesitate to tell me your enquiries, I will tell you the details.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards,
Chris"

Any ideas?
Regards
Umesh

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1