Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: What Local Server Rights are needed for SQL DBAs?

From: "Jason Hurst" <Jason.Hurst () PandaRG com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 08:38:40 -0700

Hi everyone,

Microsoft publishes a security best practices document that can be found on the Microsoft website.

It is called:

SQL Server 2005 Security Best Practices - Operational and Administrative Tasks

http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/5/e/85eea4fa-b3bb-4426-97d0-7f7151b2011c/SQL2005SecBestPract.doc

That may be what you are looking for.

Jason Hurst
Sr. Network Security Administrator