Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Encryption algorithm standards

From: Alexander Klimov <alserkli () inbox ru>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 16:58:37 +0200 (IST)

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 sfmailsbm () gmail com wrote:
Was looking for a list of currently approved encryption algorithms
(both symmetric and assymetric), will use same as our organisation's
standard for encryption algos e.g. AES would be the standard instead
of DES

Searched the FIPS/NIST documents but did not find any single
document giving list of standard encryption algorithms approved by
FIPS could anyone point us to any such documents that can be used as
a reference of current encryption algos that are 'unbreakable'?

<http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/ST/toolkit/block_ciphers.html>

Currently, there exist three (3) Approved encryption algorithms: AES,
Triple DES, and Skipjack.

<http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/ST/toolkit/digital_signatures.html>

Currently, there exist three (3) Approved algorithms for generating
and verifying digital signatures: DSA, RSA, and ECDSA. All three
algorithms are used in conjunction with an Approved hash function.

--
Regards,
ASK

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1