Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Information Security Incidents

From: "Adam Pal" <pal_adam () gmx net>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 09:08:58 +0200

Hi Dan,

Is an failed login a security related incident? Are 20 failed logins within 1 minute a security related incident?
I suggest to understand a security related incident as a deviation from the security policy, following the CIA. For
instance business continuity is a loss of availability (A).

Regards,
Adam

-------- Original-Nachricht --------