Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: New to Hacking .. Help !!

From: "Rivest, Philippe" <PRivest () transforce ca>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 11:42:53 -0400

I don’t value my CEH that much, but again, being a CEH is not being a script
kiddy. The official meaning means that you are hacking with the consent of
who ever is your target.

If you are not a script kiddy, you must at least known this much.
And therefore, don’t waste time and bandwidth trying to insult someone who
wants to learn more.

For the initial question, the lab answer provided by someone else is the way
I would go. Also some security certs are very good for that, I think SANS
offers a wide choice of these.

Good luck

Philippe Rivest - CEH, Network+, Server+, A+
TransForce Inc.
Internal auditor - Information security
Verificateur interne - Securite de l'information

8585 Trans-Canada Highway, Suite 300
Saint-Laurent (Quebec) H4S 1Z6
Tel.: 514-331-4417
Fax: 514-856-7541