Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Log analisys and siem

From: Albert Gonzalez <albertg () cerveau us>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 20:20:10 -0400

Greetings,

Since you didn't mention the need for correlation, so a SIEM might not
be what you want just to collect logs. Splunk has a free version that
you might want to look at. I know the free version limits your log feeds
indexing to 500MB/day[1], but worth a test run none the less.

Later,

[1] - http://www.splunk.com/view/SP-CAAADFV#difference

-
Albert Gonzalez