Security Basics mailing list archives

WAP's with guest access and compatible with IAS

From: Murad Talukdar <talukdar_m () subway com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 15:47:42 +1000

Hi all,
Looking for some decent but cost consciously priced WAPs for a small office
training room.
I'm hoping to get one which has IAS/RADIUS compatible so that it can be used
in conjunction with AD.
But, if it can also have some kind of guest access that would be great.

Otherwise, if this is a security risk, I will setup two, one on a DMZ for
guests and one on a separate VLAN for the in-house users.

I'm looking at the LinksysWAP 2000 initially so if anyone has any experience
of that it would be great.

Cheers

Kind Regards
Murad Talukdar
Subway Systems Australia

Please be aware that Subway Systems Australia no longer provides Subshop
technical support. There is a new 24 hour support line operated by Paris
Technology on 1902 215 888.
**DISCLAIMER**
The information contained in this e-mail and attachments, if any, is
confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not use, copy, distribute or disclose the
e-mail and its attachment, or any part of its content or take any action in
reliance of it.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please e-mail
the message back to the sender by replying and then deleting it.
We cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of
this e-mail or attachments, and recommend that you subject these to your
virus checking procedures prior to use.  Thank you.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1