Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Re[2]: Testing for SQL injection or Cross Site scripting

From: "Stoughton, Brian F." <bstoughton () nejm org>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 15:13:03 -0500

Acunetix is pretty good...

-----Original Message-----
From: listbounce () securityfocus com [mailto:listbounce () securityfocus com] On Behalf Of mojorising
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 4:50 PM
To: Adam Pal
Cc: Scott Race; security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Testing for SQL injection or Cross Site scripting

Hi.

There are a few good tools out there for finding web application
vulnerabilites and it's a good idea run them against your sites before
someone else does. I've used and had good experience with all these
aside from Pantera and Proxmon but I understand they are also quality
tools.

ratproxy - http://code.google.com/p/ratproxy/
Paros - http://www.parosproxy.org
Nikto - http://cirt.net/nikto2
Wapiti - http://sourceforge.net/projects/wapiti/
Proxmon - http://www.isecpartners.com/proxmon.html
Pantera - http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Pantera_Web_Assessment_Studio_Project

Also useful for creating your own attacks.
Webscarab - http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_WebScarab_Project
Burp - http://portswigger.net/proxy/

VB, thanks for the list you sent. I'm checking that out now.

If anyone knows of more web application vulnerabilty scanners, I'd
definitely love to hear about them too. Finding such issues is part of
my job (I work for a web development shop) and I'm always looking for
more free/open source tools like this to ensure few/no such bugs slip
through the cracks.

Mike