Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: adding another defence layer against viruses/worms

From: aditya mukadam <aditya.mukadam () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 08:41:28 +0530

Juan,

I would highly recommend you few solutions as below :

1) End point Security Check : You can enforce strict PC/Laptop policy
(which would make sure that every PC/Laptop has AV/Personal Firewall).
Devices like UAC/NAC, can perform end point security check on
PC/Laptps while it connects to the network. This will atleast make
sure every user has an AV.
2) (Standalone) Content/Protocol Filtering: With this solution, you
can make sure that the user traffic passes through an application,
which filters the content of the traffic and also does protocol
filtering (Example: Websense)
3) Proxy Content Filtering : Since you mentioned that you don't have
control this solution would not fit in however its worth considering
for future usage. Example: BlueCoat Proxy
4) IPS : I would recommend Tipping Point IPS, Juniper IDP.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Aditya Govind Mukadam
CISSP,CEH,JNSA-Advanced Security, JNCIA-UAC, JNCIA_SSL, CQS-PIX,CQS-VPN
 http://in.linkedin.com/in/adityamukadam