Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Is snort an overkill for desktop only environment ?

From: martin <martiniscool () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 15:33:51 +0000

2009/11/26 martin <martiniscool () gmail com>:
Hi Guys

Sorry for not responding to this earlier.  First of all, thank you so
so much for all the replies on this, very much apprecaited.  We've
decided that we are definitely going to install snort.  Although we
think we know what all our traffic is, of course without monitoring
it, we don't actually know.  Likewise, if there's traffic passing
around the network that doesn't match what we think should be there,
then we definitely want to know about it, so I think even in our
environment it will definitely be useful

Thanks again

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1