Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Static or Dynamic IP

From: Dont Know <dkn4a1 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 22:39:24 +0530

Well, I was surprised to see that though.
So I'm looking for some mechanism, that I may come to know abt it, before working on it...

Alan Greig wrote:
I would be surprised if a site of any note be offered on a dynamic IP. If the dns for the site is a mainstream dns
provider chances are its on a static ip. Easiest way to confirm does the IP ever change?