Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Research on Bots (Trends, advancements, future in security world, evolution....)

From: Meenal Mukadam <meenal.mukadam () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 02:08:22 +0530

Hello Srikanth,

Thank you. Basically I am trying to map the evolution of Botnets by
mapping the technological advancements to their evolution pattern. I
have had success with studying and understanding the Bots with respect
to the improvement in stealth, usage of encryption, their morphing
(need more information on this) & inclusion of AI.

I am trying to gain additional knowledge to understand how the
Bot-herders are tweaking them to make them more deadly and lethal.
Also what is the current scenario in Botnet technology and in Botnet
Business. What can be their future enhancements and their additional
usage.

I would really like if you can share your valuable insights (from your
experience, or from the analysis of the traces of Bots in your
Honeypot).

Thanking you in advance....

Thanks,

Meenal A. Mukadam