Security Basics mailing list archives

3Com Wirelles ADSL Router Firewall exploit?

From: hexxe.hexxe () gmail com
Date: 7 Jun 2009 02:41:16 -0000

Hi, today I logged in a PC in my local network and just 1 min after the firewall (ZoneAlarm free) alert me about an
intruder IP tring to contact port 80 on that PC. I was very supprise because I only open 2 ports in the router (31005
TCP and 31005 UDP for torrents). So I just locked the router disabling any open port and no more intruders...
Wath can I do? My router its updated with the last firmware abailable at the offcial site.