Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Video tutorials for beginners?

From: Wasim Halani <wasimhalani () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 12:09:12 +0530

Hi David,

I would suggest that rather than jumping directly to videos, you first
read about the concepts involved, as the videos will only provide you
with a simple demonstration. They won't help you in understanding the
tool or the attack vector involved.

If you have already done that then you could check out the following sites:

http://www.irongeek.com - Adrian Crenshaw's collection
http://www.vimeo.com/user595761/videos - John Strand's videos on Vimeo
http://www.theacademypro.com/video/ - Free registration required
http://www.hak5.org/category/episodes - Tech Show with  lots of good
hacking content
http://www.milw0rm.com/video/

(remember to check out the older sections of these sites, as the
latest videos would be on advance topics)

Other than these check out the various Defcon videos available in
their archives or on Google Video

Hope this helps.

Regards,
---
Wasim Halani
Security Analyst
Network Intelligence (India) Pvt. Ltd.
http://www.niiconsulting.com/

People often hate those things which they do not know or cannot
understand. -- Imam Ali (p.b.u.h.)