Security Basics mailing list archives

SSH Trojans

From: Daniel Hood <dsmhood () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 14:06:54 +1000

List,

Im looking into SSH Trojans, just a general understanding of them so I
can hopefully someday tell the difference between an SSH Trojan and
the rear end of my heel and not have to make stupid "AM I HAX0RED?!?"
forum posts. But after a couple of hours of googling though, I can't
seem to turn up any traces of actual SSH Trojans. I've found SSH
Trojan v.1.x but thats like 1999-ish. Are there any SSH Trojans still
around? Say created after 2005-ish? If so, what are their names? I'm
not sure if its because I typed the wrong thing into Google and thus
pissed it off, but I just cant seem to find any actual examples, to
have a play around with.

Also, my other question to ask is "How often are SSH-based Trojans,
seen in the wild?". What I mean by that is: Does every server your
ever performed forensics on contain an SSH Trojan or is it like 4 - 5
maximum out of your career?

Thanks,

Daniel

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1