Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Firewall and ips theory, resource

From: brabo <brabo () nrgsports be>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 13:03:15 +0200

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 11:43 PM, a bv<vbavbalist () gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

I would like to have your book recommendation about firewalls and ips
theory (not how to use a vendors fw) to get the deep knowledge.
Cause day by day though you use-manage the firewall , you can also get
far way the insides. There were limited books about them at old times
but now adays you may know some which are great ( i dont wanna spend
my money for nothing).

Regards

Need to pass the CISSP? InfoSec Institute's CISSP Boot Camp in both Instructor-Led and Online formats is the most
concentrated exam prep available. Comprehensive course materials and an expert instructor means you pass the exam.
Gain a laser like insight into what is covered on the exam, with zero fluff!

http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/cissp_bootcamp_training.html

you can always start with the basics like with TCP/IP Blueprints or so.
that book really helped me gain insight in network operations.

grtz!

--
Molotov cocktail, just a drink to go with the food.