Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: zero footprint virus protection for certified PC

From: B <gomsec () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 16:49:08 -0400

I don't think yoggie would work. Yoggie needs to install or should I say you install a av program on the host. It was kespersky, but I am not sure what it is now. The yoggie pico only protects against traffic coming in to your system (HTML, mail, FTP, etc). It needs to install components on your system to route the traffic through it. Would a good live CD work? Maybe something made from bartpe or ultimate boot cd for windows(I think that is the name)? Hope this helps