Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: how to find a static IP

From: Robin Wood <dninja () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 17:31:25 +0100

2009/7/15 Lord Lunatic <l0rd_lunatic () yahoo com>:

Get the mac address (if not via sniff there have to be some stickers with it on it) and make a static arp entry on
your client with an free ip adress of your subnet.

 arp -s 10.128.1.1 00:90:33:ff:dd:11

Then you should be able to reach it

That would get traffic to the box but would the box then drop the
traffic higher up the stack as the IP address wouldn't match?

If this does work then I'll be putting it in my bag of tricks because
it is a really useful idea.

Robin

Andre