Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: firewalls

From: pUm <hijacka () googlemail com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 12:41:36 +0100

Hi,

I am working on a network with iptables based firewall's. and I can
strongly recommend fwbuilder.
you should definitely hav a look at it: http://www.fwbuilder.org/

if you are familiar with checkpoint firewalls you feel like coming home :)

cheers

sven

2009/1/11 Damian <avghacker () gmail com>:
So I need some advice on firewall security. I use ubuntu servers at work and am very comfortable with debian.  At
work we have a cisco piz firewall....however another smaller company we help doesn't have the budget or staff for a
pix firewall.  I was considering using a distro like redwall or smoothwall and was wondering if anyone had any
experience with dedicated distros like these.  Also do these distros offer better security then larger installations?