Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Windows Secure Build Checklist

From: "Victor A. Abrahamsen" <victorabrahamsen () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 19:55:26 -0500

NIST publishes a "Guide to Securing Microsoft Windows XP Systems for IT Professionals" that you can find here:

http://csrc.nist.gov/itsec/guidance_WinXP.html

The documentation is specifically for XP, though, and not for Windows 2003 - the NIST site may provide what you're looking for on other pages.

HTH

Brian Keogh wrote:
All,
I'm aware of various tools and peice-meal procedures regarding secure
build guidance for Windows XP/2003 Server/Desktop machines.  Can
anyone please point me in the direction of a complete checklist with
regard to securing the listed operating systems.   I'm really just
looking for a single document for someone to work from. A straight
forward checklist etc. inline with best practice.
Any help appreciated.