Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: security products

From: Melvin <hahatan () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 09:58:29 +0800

Hi juan,
few years back my company encounter the same worries as your company. The nature of the biz is to prepare legal doc for court case as well as financial listing.

We have a implemented a document management system which allows the file owner to share their documents but also to restrict the permission of the documents to a work group.

To address the issues of unauthorise distribution of the documents. The system will audit every trails of the document. I.e. Which user has read/write/copied/exported out of the system.

However the down side if this system is the hefty cost of such system.

You may need to convince your management especially during this economic bad times.

Regards,
Melvin Tan