Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: adding another defence layer against viruses/worms

From: Juan B <juanbabi () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 18:13:25 -0800 (PST)

Ok I will take look on the AV, they have now symentec.

They have windows 2003 servers and xp as pc's. what you suggest implementing with GPO to elevate the security of the
pc's? today they use GPO only to block the screen after 15 minutes of none use. And they need the USB and cd to
transefer pictures they really need to use for work tasks. Must of the users don’t have admin rights on there machines.
What else can I implenet to elevate the security? They implent patches throw WSUS and keep the pc's updated. Maybe to
use the FW feature of the AV? You have a security template you can send me?

Thanks for your answer.

juan