Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: MASS EMAIL bypass BLACKLIST?

From: "Nathan O'Neal" <nathan.oneal () me com>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 06:03:10 -0600

Hello,

To verify this you would need to collect some emails and review the headers. It also depends on what your spam filter
you are using as  well.

Hope this helps,

Nathan
On Dec 1, 2009, at 6:30 PM, AFH Security wrote:

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there was a way of bypassing blacklist and spam filters?
I keep receiving emails from a domain and I've blocked the ip from my server as well as blacklisted the email but for
some reason they keep getting through. I'm guessing they're using a DNS with a low ttll with a botnet? (Yes kinda
like the movie Untraceable).
That'd be awesome if I could get some form of a response.

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works,
how it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test,
purchase, install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for
set-up are highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital
certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1