Security Basics mailing list archives

nmap script feature

From: "Youngquist, Jason R." <jryoungquist () ccis edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 10:15:00 -0500

Has anyone played around with the nmap script feature?  I've downloaded the latest nmap (on a Windows box) an am trying
to use it to scan for snmp strings from a text file.  I know I could use other snmp scanners, but I want to be able to
use nmap to easily scan multiple subnets and multiple hosts from a text file.

This is the test command I'm trying to get to work:
nmap --script snmp-brute --script-args snmplist=tryme.txt 10.x.x.x

Nmap runs, and discovers open ports, but it doesn't find that the host has snmp open with the string "public" (which is
listed in tryme.txt). I've verified that this host has "public" snmp open with another software program.

Here are the docs that I've been using as reference.
http://nmap.org/book/nse-usage.html
http://nmap.org/nsedoc/scripts/snmp-brute.html

Jason Youngquist
Information Technology Security Engineer, Security+ Technology Services Columbia College
1001 Rogers Street, Columbia, MO  65216
(573) 875-7334
jryoungquist () ccis edu
http://www.ccis.edu

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1