Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Server AV Questions

From: "51l3n73y3s" <51l3n7 () live in>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 21:35:29 +0530

Hi Mark,

1) No Idea.

2) We are using LANDesk for the software deployment. The DB has to be cleaned up very frequently, depending upon the number of machines. For us we do it every month for ~37k machines or else it starts behaving abnormally. I find pull deployment better over push with LANDesk for the target rates. We don't use it for patch management and have WSUS in place for that.

3) Core component if you are going to use it for patch management and reporting. Threats like conficker would never get completely cleaned up if the patch is not present. The vulnerabilities in the O.S. are exploited by the threats in the wild.

-Sandeep Cheema