Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Re: Phones which allow *nx

From: Phil Bieber <philbieber () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 09:19:10 +0200

2009/3/31 Marc-André Laverdière <marcandre.laverdiere () gmail com>:
OpenMoko is linux-based, that's what you need.

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 4:33 AM,  <vijju83 () gmail com> wrote:
Hi,
  Appreciate all the inputs from all of you guys.
let me just further elaborate my question by adding in if there are any hacker tools available in the open or open
source projects that allow to modify an existing phone to use *nx.

<--snip-->
You're right, but unfortunately, OpenMoko has halted it's development
for the NEO / FreeRunner. And from what I have heard, it was not too
usable for everyday live. At least if you expect to get all text
messages and calls. But I might be misinformed on this point.

Cheers

Phil Bieber
--
Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

GPG KEY ID (Philipp Bieber): 0x0185E301
FINGERPRINT: CA81 28C2 E63F DAF8 5ED4 DACB 7C26 EE5B 0185 E301
Philipp Bieber - philbieber () gmail com