Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Security Basics Exercise - How do you know?

From: "ॐ aditya mukadam ॐ" <aditya.mukadam () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 16:39:50 +0530

Ryan,

Other things that I can think of :

- We donot see any suspicious traffic from public facing systems to
the internet.( This can occur if compromised system is uploading
information which it is not expected i.e No traffic 'initiated by
server' )
- No auth failure logs on the public facing system.

However, hope the CTO will be on phone till you read out the whole
list.Reading out checklist would make him feel that you are doing a
manual job than an intelligent one !

Smart answer would be :  "analysis and current logs from various
systems shows normal behavior which indicates public facing systems
are safe. For your review , I can send you a detailed report/email
with the information gathered to come to this conclusion "

Such statement would show more confidence than reading out the 'checklist'.

Thanks,
Aditya Govind Mukadam