Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Data loss Protection

From: "Mark Teicher" <mark.teicher () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 15:10:17 -0400

Are you sure about Vontu? They were acquired by Symantec a while back.
Data Loss Protection has many different definitions.

Are you concerned about documents leaving your environment via
electronic communications?

Are you concerned about documents leaving your environment via physical means?

Are you concerned about documents leaving your environment through a
rogue wireless access point?

Do you have a document classification policy?

Do you have an enforceable document classification policy?

Or are you just looking to spending money to a statisfy a 'pointy
haired manager's recent viewing of a news story regarding data loss
protection?