Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: AVPN vs MPLS WAN

From: "Michael Benedetto" <mbenedetto () amnh org>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 15:37:01 -0400

The only reference I know of for AVPN are:

- the shortened version of AlmostVPN, which is a SSH Tunnel Manager for OS X. The site for it is
http://www.leapingbytes.com/almostvpn.

- "AVPN.ORG" which is a VPN hosting service.

- AT&T's AVPN service - "AT&T's newest flagship offering allows customers to implement an MPLS-based network comprised
of managed and unmanaged locations along with a plethora of added features such as Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) and
multicast." (http://www.business.att.com/wholesale/Family/w_ip/w_mpls_based_vpns/)

I don't have details on any of them, but hopefully this gets you going in the right direction.

Michael Benedetto, CISSP, CISM
Senior Associate Director of Information Technology
Network Systems and Information Security
American Museum of Natural History
   Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail