Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Web brute forcing tool against HTTPS

From: <Anthony_Cicalla () McAfee com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 12:05:20 -0700

Other Brute Forcers

Brutus
http://www.hoobie.net/brutus/brutus-download.html

Is there any other software like Brutus?
There are more tools now than there were when Brutus was originally
released, some tools of note include:

wwwhack  -  Offering HTTP, POP3 & FTP - generally nice and easy to use.
http://www.wwwhack.com/

Entry - Offering HTTP, POP3 & FTP - commercial and freeware versions.
http://web.idirect.com/~elitesys/entry/index.html

http://freeworld.thc.org/thc-hydra/

Hydra is a parallized login cracker which supports numerous protocols to
attack. New modules
are easy to add, beside that, it is flexible and very fast.

Currently this tool supports:
TELNET, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, HTTP-PROXY, LDAP, SMB, SMBNT, MS-SQL, MYSQL,
REXEC,
CVS, SNMP, SMTP-AUTH, SOCKS5, VNC, POP3, IMAP, NNTP, PCNFS, ICQ, SAP/R3,
Cisco auth, Cisco enable, Cisco AAA (incorporated in telnet module).

This tool is a proof of concept code, to give researchers and security
consultants the possiblity to show how easy it would be to gain unauthorized
access from remote to a system
Sincerely,

Anthony Cicalla,

CNA, CEH, CISSP, GSNA, MCP, SCTA