Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: DR Templates

From: "J. Oquendo" <sil () infiltrated net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 16:08:19 -0500

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008, Anthony Cogan wrote:

We are looking to purchase a set of pre-defined DR templates to start
our official DR documentation of our environment.  As I look out
there, there appears to be a number of vendors offering these types of
materials.

My question is, has anyone out here purchased these before and who
would you recommend for thoroughness and quality for assisting in
developing an end-2-end DR solution?

Some examples:
http://www.drj.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=259&Itemid=298

As for buying templated plans, DR will differ across the board
especially in regulated environments (HIPAA, SOX, etc) so I
wouldn't particularly think it would be a good fit to go
out and buy a template you'll need to modify anyway. I suggest
purchasing a book on the subject and creating your own.

http://www.amazon.com/Disaster-Recovery-Principles-Practices-Prentice/dp/013171127X/ref=pd_bbs_8?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1225142013&sr=8-8

J. Oquendo
SGFA, SGFE, C|EH, CNDA, CHFI, OSCP

"Each player must accept the cards life deals him
or her: but once they are in hand, he or she alone
must decide how to play the cards in order to win
the game." Voltaire

http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3AC173DB