Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: free hard disk encryption tool

From: Sam Stelfox <sstelfox () vtc edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 12:56:25 -0400

TrueCrypt is an excellent product and supports a wide variety of
operating systems. It's free, very high quality and supports full drive
encryption (including pre-boot authentication if you want to encrypt the
drive with your operating system). Heres a link: http://www.truecrypt.org/

Hope thats what your looking for!

Cheers!

degracia.carron.joseangel () servexternos repsolypf com wrote:
Where i can find a free software to protect my portable hard disk.....my idea is when plug in to a computer, ask me
for a password....something like that.....

Or another free software to protect folders...

Thanks.