Security Basics mailing list archives

Inventory Tools

From: "Mohit Sharma" <i.m.cupids.arrow () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 11:21:17 +0530

Dear List,

I'm looking for some free tools which can be used to collect the basic
asset data (like processor speed, RAM, hard disk space. MS
windows/Office  version along with keys if possible). I want to use
these tools over the WAN (connectivity over VSAT to branch locations)
to track the asset configurations and for licensing compliance
management purpose.

I've looked at some options like BMC Discovery and Altris but these
are expensive tools. Any suggestions will be helpful.

--
Regards;

Mohit Sharma
Information Security Manager
Sahara India Financial Corporation Limited

O<  ASCII ribbon campaign - stop HTML mail