Security Basics mailing list archives

Thoughts on online security master degrees

From: "reflect ocean" <reflect.ocean () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 11:56:05 -0500

Hi.

Recently I've been doing my research on education programs offering
master degrees on information security.Some of these programs I like
belong to Universities listed on NSA National Center of Academic
Excellence and some others not.
One of those who doesn't belong to this list is the one being offered
by SANS Institute which I find absolutely enticing because of its
highly technical detail compared to others in that list.
However as much as i find SANS master degree program very solid I
realize that not belonging to NCAE list and not being fully accredited
could affect the perception of a potential employeer.I wonder if this
apply to other on-line programs which altough being fully accredited
might suffer of a dimminishing treatment when being compared to
brick-and-mortage univerisities.
I appreciate if someone could share a recommended list of those
security programs listed on NSA.

I look forward to read your opinions.

Thank you