Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: hi, need help

From: "Jorge L. Vazquez" <jlvazquez825 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 14:32:32 -0500

I would advise you to not change anything, and take a screen shot of the
hacked page and contact your web hosting provider, now if you are
responsible for the server (I hope you have backups) and take a look at
the logs for clues as to what was done (type of attack(xss/sqli) and
where it came from (ip add))

hope this help

Jorge
MCSE, CCNA, A+
blog: www.pctechtips.org

Jakub wrote:
recover from backup?

i wouldnt just "remove the stuff" since u NEVER can be sure what else
was installed/changed

atb