Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: hi, need help

From: "Adam Pal" <pal_adam () gmx net>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 16:44:45 +0100

Hi Mahajan

1) take all evidence you can access yourself
2) contact the provider
3) ask the provider for saving logfiles related to the incident
4) ask the provider for a backup (if you dont have a backup yourself) of your original page
5) ask the provider to escalate the issue to its security dept.
6) take legal steps having logs as piece of evidence

additional you can inspect the logfiles to determine how the security breach occured and get way to fix it, otherwise
you will face the same issue again and again.
From this point of view, the information you give is pretty poor because:
- you dont tell how it is hosted
- you dont tell where it is hosted
- you dont mention what type of service, version etc...
- you dont mention the URL
- you dont mention the timeline
- ...

good luck!