Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: File sharing with Bittorrent: what possible security threads?

From: "Razi Shaban" <razishaban () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 23:37:40 +0200

The problem is that a lot of uploads are purely malicious code, eg. a
"program" that installs a backdoor.

I wouldn't try removing malware, as chances are malware is all you got.

If he's truly devoted to his filesharing he could join a private
tracker, which would be more moderated and have less malicious
content.

Hope that helps,

--
Razi

On 3/26/08, Simon Jolle sjolle <urandomdev () gmail com> wrote:
On 03/26/2008 04:36 PM, Razi Shaban wrote:
 > I think the most common and worrisome problem you'll face is Hippard's
 > #1, the embedded malware etc.

Can you give me more details about techniques how they do it? Is it
 possible to remove this embedded malware? With what tools?

 cheers

Simon