Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: FTP Tool

From: "Nikhil Wagholikar" <visitnikhil () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 12:23:21 +0300

Hello NewGuy,

The best and easily available FTP Solution is present in the native OS itself.

If you are using Microsoft platform, you can prefer to use Microsoft
FTP. Microsoft IIS 6.0 (FTP Service), is far more stable & secured
than its ancestors. Latest IIS 7.0 has much enhanced controls (like
Roles) and stability than even IIS 6.0.

If you are using UNIX platform, WSFTP or VSFTP are the best solutions.
However, make sure, you are using the latest and stable version of
these softwares.

Besides this, also make sure, you fully secure FTP services. Read MAN
pages or documentation for more information on security.

----
Nikhil Wagholikar
Information Security Analyst
NII Consulting